BEHIND THE SCENES
CANDLE CARE & TIPS
1. When lighting for the first time burn until wax melts across entire surface to the sides of vessel (this prevents tunneling, and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s ‘life’) This may take up to 2-3hours, depending on the size of the candle.
2. Trim wick to 5 mm before each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame and limit sooting/mushrooming of wick.
3. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
4. Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. Do not blow out.
5. When using your candle ensure it is placed in a well ventilated room.
6. Never burn a candle when the wax is nearly finished always leave at least a cm of wax at the bottom to prevent over heating of the glass.
8. Always store your candles in a cool, dark and dry place.
9. Avoid placing your candles where they will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, such as a spotlights, always keep away from children and pets.